Friday, August 30, 2013

TGIF: Adrien Vezcan

So I skipped last week's post and have pretty much been hibernating, away from the internet. What prompted this break is something I'll cover in my post on Tuesday. For now I want to tell you guys about an AWESOME photographer I've worked with. Adrien Vezcan.

I had originally planned on sending him questions, as has become my usual, but I couldn't really come up with any that were of particular interest, not in the time allotted. Plus I wanted to break my pattern and do something new, different, which is exactly what he and I did.

Let me tell you a little about shooting with him. We'd met before, Brent McCombs and I were out and he had a coffee meeting with Adrien. He mentioned wanting to get to know some of the local talent and I'm always interested in new photographers. We added each other on Facebook and chatted on and off, mostly off, for a little bit. Then I got a message asking me if I wanted to shoot. I jumped at the opportunity and after we figured out the details he picked me up and we got things going.

This, is what we got.


Two completely different shots. The first one was meant to reference Audrey while the second was about playing with light and being crazy. The goal was to shoot a sort of portrait and I think we nailed it. As much as I love the first one, I love the nuttiness of the second. (Those of you that know me, already know this) Both have been used at my cover photo.

Next we discussed shooting again. It had been fun, upbeat and all around awesome. This time Adrien proposed something a little more crazy. We'd have to scout the location first because it was going to be outdoors and then wardrobe would be picked. Once everything was planned out he picked me up and we headed out to shoot (assistant in tow!).

Let's just say this wasn't easy. Not for me, but for Adrien. It involved merging a couple hundred shots to get every little bit of light just right. I'm pretty sure we spent way more time shooting the background than we did me! So here it is, the final image:


I keep squinting at it because I find new things every time I look at it. Needless to say, I'm in love and will be making it my cover photo as soon as this is posted. I can't thank Adrien enough for putting up with my goofy faces (I made so many) and for the fries after our late night shoot (we left at around midnight). I very strongly recommend that you check out his work, it's posted below. He's absolutely amazing to work with!

Adrien's Blog: The Pacific Times

Be safe, be smart, be amazeballs. There. I said it.
-Nicola Sasky

No comments:

Post a Comment